Today I ran my 31st mile in 31 days.
[Insert 10 party hat emojis here.]
In the 31 days of running a mile every day during #1mileJuly, I learned a few simple things:
- Stretching is non-negotiable.
- Good gear [shoes & clothes] are more important than you’d think.
- I’m a morning runner.
- It is possible to run 1 mile every day.
- I do really well when I have a plan.
Taking that last lesson a step further, August is here tomorrow. And I need a plan.
I WANT TO:
1. Continue running
2. Incorporate beginning yoga
SO, I'M GOING 50/50:
Half of August is going to be #1mileAugust.
Half of August is going to be #30daysofyoga.
A NOTE ABOUT YOGA:
I am not a yoga gal. Yet. I stumbled upon Adriene's non-hokey yoga channel and fell in love with her hilarious, but very realistic yoga practices. Not quite sure about it? Try Day 1. Or just watch it. It is seriously not as bad as I would have thought.
Following this track, I’ll be finished with the #30daysofyoga at the end of September and will have racked up approximately 31 more miles of running.
BUT WHAT IF I DON'T FOLLOW THE PLAN EXACTLY?
Who cares! The point is that I’m moving, running, and yoga-ing. This plan is here as a specific guide to help me do these things but isn’t a non-negotionable plan.
I’m looking forward to switching things up around here.
Care to join? Use the hashtags #1mileAugust and #30daysofyoga & participate in either or both!
* In an upcoming month I want to build my running distance, but I know myself well enough to know that August is not going to be that month. Stay tuned for that plan.