It’s no secret that my computer time these days is divided between learning to be a web developer [aka a ‘dev'] and Ashley Joanna, two of my internet loves.
MY 6 CODE SCHOOL ESSENTIALS
- Laptop computer. I'm very mobile these days, a nomad of sorts, so I use a portable computer to do my coding lessons and practice developing websites.
- Apple mouse. My mouse gives more comfort and accessibility to the already wonderful trackpad. I especially love that it's multi-touch [just like your trackpad] and wireless.
- Notebook & pen. Every day I write the date at the top of a clean page and fill it with whatever HTML or CSS rule I've learned for that day. Writing down notes helps my brain when I need to reference a specific piece of code days later.
- Guides & Cheatsheets. These guys are so insanely helpful when faced with a blank page of coding or run into a syntax issue. I get mine through my code school lessons but online resources abound and google can get you the answer to almost anything code related in a few seconds.
- Headphones. Both Skillcrush and Code School use videos as a part of their instruction so headphones are a must, especially because I do most of my learning in public places. These guys do a wonderful job of canceling outside noise as well; perfect for those noisy coffee shops.
- Coffee. Or tea. Or a large glass of water. Because, obvs.
You'll also want to join a meet-up if there's one available near you. My first meet-up completely changed my outlook on the world of coding!
A fellow coder? Wanting to learn with me? Reach out and say hello!